Friday, August 20, 2010

How can I help my oily skin without expensive products?

How can I make my skin less shiny and oily without paying a lot of money?How can I help my oily skin without expensive products?
I have very oily skin, especially my forehead, nose and cheekbone area. my skin is also very sensitive to products


Oily skin can be very sensitive, as most people might not realize. using the wrong products and cleansing the wrong way can cause breakouts as much as oiliness!


Treat your oily skin GENTLY, ive learned this the hard way.


you don't mention breakouts, though most oily skinned people do at least get the odd pimple here and there.


I suggest, wash your face no more that 2 x a day, anymore will cause irritation and extra oiliies! A cleanser that is oil-free is best, and one with no frgrance, a good one to try is


Free %26amp;Clear liquid cleanser, look for it online.. it works best for me, wash with your finger tips only, scrubbing can actually cause breakouts on some people (im one of them) during the middle of the day, use oil blotting papers to absorb the oil until you wash your face at night.if your THAT oily, skip the moisturizers, they'll just clog your pores, despite what people say! IF you have any 'dry' spots use the lightest shearest oil-free moisturizer you can find. and use it only there. for me it's my chin. and believe it or not Milk of Magnesia makes a good oil absorbing mask! the plain kind. look for a light sunblock, try different ones, an SPF of 15 at least. use that instead of moisturizer! why add extra grase on grease?


Wash your face with morning and night (only)


use oil absorbing sheets during the day.( I use several a day)


Skip creams (except on dry patches, if needed)


Use spf 15 sunblock when needed.(they all feel a bit greasy)


no scrubbing or too many washings (trust me there)


Try the MOM mask a few times a week.


Free %26amp;Clear is less than $8 bucks for an 8 oz bottle


it lasts over a month for me.


oh by the way, Bar Soap can really clog your pores, it contains animal fat! Free %26amp; Clear contains Glycerin.


if you have oily skin like mine, you can't change that, but you can control it to an extent. keep it simple and gentle.


P.S. most moisturizers contain the same things as the skins natural sebum, like Cholesterol, tryglycerides, fatty acids and oils


that's why I say avoid them! see what I mean??


the exception is a good sunblock that you can use. the sun causes wrinkles later in life!


Good luckHow can I help my oily skin without expensive products?
I used to have oily skin. But now i keep putting baby powder on it before i go to bed, and now all the oil has dissapeared. if you do that, i thin kit will remove the oil. try that! x Report Abuse

you can use egg yolk


it helps ur face to be clean.


just don't eat it after.


;O Report Abuse

I'm going to try the baby powder thing. Report Abuse

im gonna try the baby powder thing too, the egg masks work too, but only for a while Report Abuse

Don't use baby powder! That will only clog your pores!! Try oatmeal ar egg WHITES. I use only water on my face and if I ever get pimples, I put astringent on (like Sea Breeze). I NEVER put any soap on my face. Sounds gross? All your skin needs is water to stay clean. Report Abuse

I rinse my face with lemon juice - helps with acnea too. Report Abuse

My sister puts egg whites on her face. It tightens her face and absorbs the oil. It sounds nasty, but it works! Report Abuse

I use a homemade facemask which consists of oatmeal, honey and water. Just mix them together and put them on your face...its really effective, easy and cheap! Report Abuse

we have the same problem -very active sweat glands





i recommend cetaphil as daily cleanser


the homemade facemask at least once a week helps too (oatmeal, milk, calamansi and egg white). Report Abuse

Wash your face with a paste made of (real)oatmeal and (fat-free)milk. Put some on your clean wash cloth or a damp cotton pad and wash as normal. Rinse thoroughly. Get more recipes @ http://www.BeautyBuyNature.com Report Abuse

Please use Geen gram powder. By using this u shold wash ur face atleast 3 times. this will control ur oily skin Report Abuse

Reality is most of the 'expensive' products are expensive by brand name only.





Many of the most expensive or even medium expensive products are no different than the very very cheap choices. Including AVON, Mary Kay, etc.





Thats a fact from most chemist experts. Report Abuse

Apple Cider Vinegar is something that is often overlooked. It is excellent for any skin condition including oilyness and breakouts. Dab on full strength with cotton or dilute if you can't stand the smell. It works if you care enough to try it! Report Abuse

Start taking vitamin E and fish oil. They are wonderful for your skin.
St. Ives Apricot scrub...works for me.
eat oranges. honestly,they'll fix everything within a little bit.
i know you already have a bunch of anwswers to your question, but if you get done this far i have a little peice of advice for you.. if you are ever on the run and you see that your face has become really oily, and you dont want to spend your dollars on those oil abosorbing strips.. go into the bathroom and see if they have the toilet paper covers, they may not be cute and pretty but they have the same function as the oil absorbing papers.. just pull one out and pad it on your face. it's free and you dont have to worry about rubbing all your makeup off. you might think thats grose, but ive done it, and i didnt make it up... i read it.. somewhere. good luck!
I had the oiliest skin around and I could write my name on my face by the work. No one told me then that it was necessary to use moisturiser and wash often. Here's a story-take from it what you will-as a teenager I liked the look of my legs if I used hand creme on my legs. I oiled them up every day and they were really pretty. Years later, the skin on my legs is very dry and I must use something on my legs or they are so dry. I would go by an inexpensive moisturiser and wash my face often with good soap and always moisturise afterwards. I was advised to use all this stuff to clean my face but nothing cut the oil and still doesn't on my nose. There was a book written and I don't know who wrote it or what the name of it was but it was an inexpensive way to use household products and they were as good the better stuff. I'm sure it's still around and can be found with the internet and then the library. I still use a lot of St. Ives products altho I can afford more. I used to buy a very expensive scrub and their apricot scrub is just about as good. I also use their masks. It all helps to have good skin. The other thing that might help is to learn what products are actually worth the $ and then go to places like Marshall's and see what you come up with. I have found some fantasic stuff their from sugar free flavors, great clothes, and very interesting body products. Oh yea and the best, best facial soap. Try them. And T J Maxx etc. . .Oily skin is a lot of work to make look fresh. And the best powder I found was translucent loose Corn Silk for sopping up the oil without looking like I had heavy makeup on. Plus it has a little sparkle in it that I always liked. Just keep washing and moisturising. It will get there. And last is a real strange one but is great especially if you happen to have a lemon tree. I used lemon as an astringent. I would just cut one up after I cleaned my face and then rub it all over. Then rinse it off. Someone told me about it and I thought it was a joke but it worked. Clean and lemon juice-nothing else. Just recently on Oprah this woman was talking about using lemon on your face. It really clears it up and my skin looked so much better. No joke-I promise.
I'd say just wash your face a lot and don't touch your face a lot either. Some people in my school (and sometimes even me) will put toothpaste on their pimple so that it may burn it and help it to go away faster. They do wash it off though of course. If you want to use creams or other treatment, I use Pure Zone pore unclogging scrub cleanser, Mary Kay acne treatment gel, Clean %26amp; Clear morning burst, and Clearasil face pads. These methods all work really well. You can find most of these (I don't know if Mary Kay sales in stores, but i really doubt that they do) in grocery stores, skin care places, or places like Target. I would also suggest that when trying new products that you look on the back to see whether or not it has oil in it. If it does I would suggest not to use it because it will only lead to an even oilier face and I know you don't want that. :D
Lauren,





All products expensive or inexpensive pretty much do the same thing on your skin. The fact that your skin is oily is a nutrition problem. Alum will draw excess oiliness, do not use alcohol of any kind and that includes most toners. Just keep the face extremely clean with a gel soap bar and stop eating oily foods and do drink your required 8-10 glasses of water daily. Use a mask at least once a week to deep clean the skin.
The best make-up that I have found for my oily skin is ';Bare Essential';. It is a bit expensive, but you can get them on QVC cheaper than at the stores. I try a sample, and now I can't leave without them, even in the heat of the summer you look fresh not grease. Always buy products for oily or combination skin.
When I was in college, a woman who was older and had pretty skin told me to use Oil of Olay daily ... I thought she was nuts! But I also figured, hey, I've tried everything else! So tried it. Go figure, after a week, I was sold on it and have been using it for years now. Try it for a week or two, it does wonders for oily skin.
I've dealt with an oily nose all my life, and I've tried everything in the stores with varying degrees of success, usually not effective at all. So I went searching the Internet and tried a few products, and I can GUARANTEE you that this product will do a great job on oily skin. It's Cuticura medicated soap. It's an antibacterial, and I think that's a big part of the reason it does so good. It's only $2 a bar, and shipping is only a few dollars (less than $5) if you use the USPS Standard shipping option. Stop wasting your money. (I've tried over 20 products) This will work like magic. I'm positive. Good luck.





http://hocks.com/hocks_com_on_line_pharm…





I've had some success with Noxzema, but nothing comes close to Cuticura medicated soap.
Hey Lauren.





I have really oily skin- trust me, I know how you feel. I've tried countless acne products over the years, but only one combination really works for me. I use the Clearasil Ultra Deep Pore Clean Pads (twice a day, before bed and when I wake up) to get rid of the oils on my face. Then, I use the Proactive Solution Repairing Lotion to get rid of tough pimples (once a day, before bed). Neither of them require washing your face repeatedly or using a special ';face brush'; to scratch all the skin on your face.





I know they can be a bit pricey, but I've had the same Proactive bottle for six months now, and the same Clearasil Wipes for about two months. They last a really long time, and are super effective without drying out your face.





Hope I helped, and good luck!
Inexpensive?





Blotting papers!
actually it's now proven that whatever you eat,even oil foods, doesn't affect your skin...so..but i would try some homemade products..or clean and clear shine control or w/e its called with the moring bursting beads..works great on me..and only cost like $3-$6....and the biore astringment or however u spell it..works great..
All other answers and techniques are about treating the surface. Try treating the inside out, or finding the root of the problem.





Try taking milk thistle extract ($5 Walmart). It cleans your liver and gets all the toxins out through waste instead of through your face.





Take 2 pills, twice a day for a week. Drink a lot of water and you'll be amazed. Your skin will look great.





Just try it for a week. Anything you put on your skin is simply after the damage has already been done. Oily skin and pimples are a result of an imbalance.
Believe it or not when I used to work for the bank, a customer came in and commented to a co-worker that her daughter was a model and to control acne and oily skin, she would use antacid, simply over-the-counter antacid. All she did was wash her face with it like regular soap.





Several days later her skin started to clear up and she admitted that she had been using the antacid.
Actually, if you wash your face too frequently (with non-moisturizing soap) then that tends to over-dry your skin. Because your skin is so dry, your body tries to compensate with producing more oils. This makes your skin shiny and oily. Also, stress will release lots of oils through your skin.
EVEENO always helped my oily skin and did a good job
I use Neutrogena and I am getting good results so far for only about $4 or $5. Don't use too much lotion on your face either because that makes it oily as well. I'm not saying you shouldn't use it but when you go to the store ask around and see if they could suggest what's a good lotion that won't make your face oily, I bet they'll recommend a few products that will help to make your skin less shiny and oily. Goodluck! =]
I have super oily skin too.What I use is the new oil-free Acne Stress Control Power-Foam Wash with MicroClear Technology by Neutrogena.It works wonders on acne.I saw results within days.Its great, and it costs a lot less then the acne treatments you see on tv.
rice paper seems to take oil away from the face
There is a clean and clear product out there. It is orange it comes in s shower gel type with a pump. You can buy it at any grocery store. (they have one for oily and also for sensitive skin)Also Make sure to use a cleanser @ night. Clean and clear also makes a cleanser. Make sure in the morning after you use the the shower cleanser use a light facial cream. Make sure its really light so as not to make you break out. Also Clean and clear makes an awesome pimple killer its a small tube its the next best thing to going to the dermatologist. Only use a dab of that on any blemishes. Do not over use this product because it can really hurt your skin. I wish I remembered the names. But they are all clean and clear. Also as long as you have a regular skin care system you will have great skin! Good luck
olive oil seems to work for me
idk how do you get rid of oily har??
a light coating of flour
Use the old Ivory bar soap when you wash.
You can also use isopropal alcohol (don't drink it, as it is for external use only). I did this, and I also had a brush made for complexion, by Fuller. It kept the pores open. I do still use from time to time.
so oily it can fry a chicken
go to rite aid. there is a lot of like 5.99 products there. they have really good products
1.wash it thrice a day at least


2.keep it moisturized


3. dont stress out
Cotton dipped in water every day every morning and evening with regularly having facials done with natural ingredients at home
  • lipgloss
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment