Monday, August 23, 2010

Why does my cat have extra skin hanging from his tummy ?

He just got a lion cut. He has got skin (like excess fat or something) hanging from his belly area. He has never been an obese cat.Why does my cat have extra skin hanging from his tummy ?
Just extra skin and fat. Very common and nothing to worry about if your cat isn't overweight.Why does my cat have extra skin hanging from his tummy ?
How old is your cat?


Some of my cats have that swinging under them too,.. they're NOT fat, but older.
lots of cats get this it can be due to being spade or neuted.
My cat has too I guess that is normal and I think too because they eat alot
Most cats get 'love handles' in front of their back legs. It's part of getting older. Even my little 7 pound male has them and he's definately on the thin side.
If your cat is a bit older, and neutered, it likely is simply a loss of some muscle tone, and gravity has entered into the picture.
Everyone has fat, and cats are no exception. I have a cat who's fat just jiggles back and forth from his tummy when he walks and he isn't an obese cat.
Angelo has this as well. He's a big boy - not really fat, just big. When he runs I can see the skin moving from side to side, and it's pretty cute. I wouldn't worry about it.
Your cat is fat. It needs a diet.

No comments:

Post a Comment