Monday, July 26, 2010

How do I get the shedding skin off of my Leopard Geckos toes?

I just got a new leopard gecko from my auntie, and she said to gently rub off the shedding skin from there toes or it will cut the circulation off. When I do i get her toes wet and try to rub it off, but it wont come off. And the top of her toe is bleeding, and I dont know what else to do.


Maybe becuase its just not ready to come off, but then im worried it will cut the blood flow from her toes and they will fall off..


what do i do?How do I get the shedding skin off of my Leopard Geckos toes?
is this FCHow do I get the shedding skin off of my Leopard Geckos toes?
Mist it with water or bathe it in luke warm water.
Allow the gecko to soak in a container with a wet substrate until the skin is soft, then remove it with a tweezers.
Get a Tupperware tub and drill a few holes in it. Fill it half way with damp shpangum moss. Leave the gecko in the tub with the lid on (that's why you drilled air holes) for a few hours. Repeat this process until the skin comes off.





I would also recommend doing this when your gecko begins to go gray and have a cool moist retreat for it at all times.
best way is to soak the gecko in water and hope it works if this does not try to make the enclosure a little more humid....
Some people peel it off or rub it off, but this can rip the fresh new skin and like you said, make it bleed. it really shouldnt cut the circulation off but in some extreme situations it can if it dries out, but a gecko should never be that dry in the first place lol.


I would wait and see if it come off on its own, but if not i would just try to peel or rub it off again, the extra time would have made it ready to come off.
They should have the instinct to know what to do...I would just let them do their thing. They can also die from being handled too much, so just leave it be.

No comments:

Post a Comment