Monday, July 26, 2010

How long does it take for skin to heal if i get mole removed?

How long does it take for the skin to completely heal after a mole is removed? Will it leave a scar?





Also, does it make a scab as the mole falls out or do you come out of the doctor's appointment with a ';hole'; where the mole used to be?





It's a facial mole that I'm thinking of removing. I don't want to look like a monster as the skin is healing.





Any info would help, thanksHow long does it take for skin to heal if i get mole removed?
It shouldn't be too bad. Are you planning on visiting a plastic surgeon for this? He will probably excise the skin, leaving what you call, a ';hole';. If your doctor knows what he's doing and sutures it correctly you should be just fine. The sutures will come out in about 10 days. It will look ';healed'; in about a week. You shouldn't be left with much of a scar. Skin takes about a year to heal COMPLETELY, but you will by no means look like a ';monster'; until then.How long does it take for skin to heal if i get mole removed?
Hi there, I just got two moles removed today. It wasn't painful its self at all. What did bring automatic tears to my eyes was the several needle pricks to numb it. But the cutting did not hurt and cauterizing did not hurt. One was on my neck below my ear, this one is doing well, doesn't hurt hasn't hardley bled at all. The other was on my face, chin actually. This one has been bleeding non stop, they recommended that I put polysporine on it and a bandage after washing it to take care of it. I have had to change the bandage several times due to the non stop bleeding. It really doesn't hurt, but it sure is irretating. There is what I define as the size of a pea hole in my chin, haven't seen the one on my neck and the one on my face was a small mole. I would definetly recommend going to a dermatologist especially if it is on your face. Mine told me that I am trading the mole for a small whiter (than my normal skin) smooth spot. So for me that is great. Non if it was stop beeding I would be good. Hope this helps. Oh and as far as healing time, he said one on my face about 7-10 days, the one on the neck 10-14 days. Also he doesn't want scabs to form, he said studies show that they actually heal faster and with less scaring if they are not allowed to have a crust or scab form.
When you have the mole removed, most of the time a lab at the dermatologist's office will test the mole for cancer. If they see any abnormal cells, then they will remove more of the tissue connected to where the mole was, and then test that tissue. They keep doing this until the tissue is clear of abnormal cells. (Unless you're just having this removed for cosmetic purposes.)





Once removed, a stitch or two may be necessary. A scab will form, about the size of the circumference of the mole, and then a tiny scar will be left behind for many months...but will gradually become less noticeable. Takes about 2-3 weeks to heal fully if they don't find anything wrong with the cells.
I just had a mole taken off of the back of my leg so i know your worries! It took me about 2 solid weeks untill it started to look normal again. Now it depends on the size of the mole and how well your skin normally heals. It also depends on your skin type if you will have a noticable scar.





At first the area where the mole was removed will scab over and just like anyother cut the scab will come off and you will be left with a healed area. Your results will depend upon how big the mole was and your skin type! Good luck :-)
my dad had some removed and it took about a week or alittle longer than that
It depends on the size of the mole. Larger moles will take longer to heal and more likely to leave a scar. Ask your doctor or a nurse from your doctor's office.





If you have insurance through your employer, you may also have an ';ask a nurse'; option that is free to use. Ask your HR Dept for details.
depends how big the mole is....


if it's a beauty mark size, it heals in 3 days for the most part. This i know for sure...but if it's a bigger mole, it would take longer i presume.
put some aloe vera gel on it after its removed then after it starts to heal a few days put some vitamin e on it.and that will help keep it from scaring.if you do this it will heal in a week
  • lipgloss
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment