Thursday, July 22, 2010

How do you make naturally oily skin not look oily ?

My skin is naturally oily and I hate it when I look all greasy and shiny. Are there any products that can stop this ? Is there anything I can do about it ?How do you make naturally oily skin not look oily ?
you probably already tried this but you could wash your face with dove soap (it will dry your skin) you could put powder on your face (makeup powder)How do you make naturally oily skin not look oily ?
I have super oily skin as well. Here are some of the product I use:


Smashbox Anti-shine - This is a tube of cream like mattifier that will absolutely without fail matte your skin. It's pricey but the tube lasts over a year (I have had mine for a year and I still have over half left). I apply it under my makeup, it's brilliant.





Maybelline Dream Matte powder - works very well and is a cheap alternative to antishine. There matching foundations unfortunately do not work very well, stick to the pressed powder only.





Shiseido sun protection lotion SPF 50 - sunblock is difficult when you have oily skin because it tend to make your face shinier. This product will dry your face out. I mean that, over time you will actually get dry skin so be careful with it. Expensive but amazing.





L'oreal true match liquid foundation spf 17 - I stopped using this product. It controls oil very well but I found it made my skin less fresh looking and any marks I had didn't heal properly. I am mentioning it because it did control oil and might work for you.





Clean and Clear oil absorbing sheets - they so exactly what they say they will do, great for touch ups. Shiseido also make nice ones but they cost more.





You can also try using a weekly oil absorbing mask. Got 2 be makes one, I cannot recall the same but it's for oil and in a large green bottle. Lush makes one called Cupcake which is very nice as well.
Adriana,





I don't think you can do anything that will stop your skin from producing excess oil. Just give it time.





However, like you I also have oily skin. This is what I do and use to keep my skin clean to the touch.


I use Coonobabe Pepino cleanser followed by their Manzanillo toner. Wash with cleanser, pat dry with clean towel, then apply toner and allow to air dry. I repeat this maybe 2 times a day during hot and humid days, but it pays off with clean skin. I hope this helps you as it has for me. http://www.coonobabe.com
Oil blotting sheets and oil-eliminating cleanser and toner/astringent.

No comments:

Post a Comment