Monday, July 26, 2010

How do I heal my goldfish' skin?

About two weeks ago, some black dots were on my goldfish skin, what is the cause of such disease and how may I heal it?How do I heal my goldfish' skin?
I'm brand new to this aquarium hobby, but I bought some stuff called ';Stress Coat'; and it says ';Use whenever... fish are damaged by injury or disease,'; and ';To help repair damaged skin and fins %26amp; replace slime coating: add two teaspoons full for each 10 US gallons of aquarium water';





Hope it helps!!How do I heal my goldfish' skin?
Black dots are common in calico varieties of goldfish, so you don't need to worry about that.





If it is not, however, Stress Coat is useful in preventing disease, but not healing and injuries caused by it. Oftentimes disease are some type of fungus, and this can be treated by any fungus eliminator (for fish, of course!)
it might be nothing -- the worse thing i think it could be is a disease called velvet which is more brown/gold colored. you might want to check pictures of velvet to make sure thats not what it is.
Some gold fish get black dots it in there genes.
treat your tank with aquarium salt, usually 1 tsp per 1 gallon of water


change water in one week and add salt again of not cleared up

No comments:

Post a Comment