Saturday, July 24, 2010

What kind of poisonous plant would cause black blisters to appear on the skin when brushed up against?

My sister was training for her marathon when she ran thru some weeds and got these black blisters that appeared around her knee. They looked like raised blood blisters. There were about 9 of them and after 2 weeks the blackness fell off like black scabs then they got puffy and extremely itchy...





Any ideas what caused this? Thanks for the help!What kind of poisonous plant would cause black blisters to appear on the skin when brushed up against?
The same thing happened to me two weeks ago, and I'm still itching and still healing. Poison ivy was the diagnosis - had to start taking oral prednisone and I'm still not sleeping with the itching. Doctor said that the ';blood blisters'; weren't the usual manifestation but that she'd seen them before. Mine started with the blood blisters, but then progressed to blisters and scratches all over my arms and legs. Everywhere the urushiol touched my skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment