Monday, July 26, 2010

What's the best way to get hot pepper oil off of my skin?

I like to cook with chili peppers, but the capsaicin makes the skin on my fingers burn for days sometimes. I've tried wearing gloves or holding the peppers with plastic wrap when I cut them, but somehow I always end up with some of the oil on my skin.





I've heard that dairy products can help, and I've tried soaking my fingers in milk, but it didn't do much good. Any other ideas?What's the best way to get hot pepper oil off of my skin?
wash it with soap and water. to prevent it, try using a fork to hold the pepers.What's the best way to get hot pepper oil off of my skin?
I have heard (not tried) that tomato juice OR mustard helps alleviate the burn. If it was really bad, I'd personally get some butter since I I've read that fat has an affinity (binds to) the capsaicin. That's just what I've heard. To prevent oil from getting on your skin, try using longer gloves
Vinegar or salad oil
Rubbing alcohol on a cotton ball. Wipe... don't scrub... the affected area. Use a new alcohol-soaked ball EACH TIME. I might suggest prepping for this by lining up a few pre-soaked cottons first. After... be sure to wash your hands. Repeat relentlessly if necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment